Registration & Fees
How to register?
Registration for the conference should be done through the online registration system. All participants and accompanying persons must register for the conference. Early registrations are due on 28 February 2018. The late fee will be automatically charged if your payment has not been received by 28 February 2018. Alterations to the registrations will only be accepted in writing.
Upon receipt of your registration form and payment by credit card, the Congress Secretariat will confirm your participation in the conference. You will receive a formal confirmation in due course.
Registration fees (in Euros)
- Early registration fee (until 28 February 2018): € 450,- + membership fee 2019: € 60,50 with digital journals or € 84,70 with printed journals
- Late registration fee (as of 1 March 2018): € 520,- + membership fee 2019: € 60,50 with digital journals or € 84,70 with printed journals
- Onsite registration fee (as of 29 May 2018): € 570,- + membership fee 2019: € 60,50 with digital journals or € 84,70 with printed journals
- Accompanying person registration fee: € 250,-
The congress registration fees include 22% Italian VAT. The EAA membership fee includes 21% Belgian VAT.
This event offers special rates for a limited number of PhD students who are attending the EAA Annual Congress for the first time. A reduction of € 200,- on the conference fee is available to the first 100 qualifying PhD students. To qualify for the € 200,- fee reduction, you must be attending your first EAA annual congress, and you will be asked to submit proof of your PhD student status during the registration. You will be able to complete your registration only after having been informed by the person responsible for registrations that you are entitled to get the discount.
The registration fee includes: Early Bird Reception, Welcome Reception, Gala Reception, lunch and coffee breaks during the conference, admission to all scientific sessions, all congress materials and administration costs. The EAA membership fee for 2019 is mandatory and invoiced together with the registration fee (except for accompanying persons). You have the choice between a membership including a digital copy of the EAA journals (EAR and AinE) for € 50,- (exclusive of Belgian VAT 21%) and a membership including additionally a paper copy of the EAA journals for € 70,- (exclusive of Belgian VAT 21%).
We are happy to receive accompanying persons with the delegates to Milan. The registration fee (inclusive of Italian VAT of 22%) for accompanying persons includes the Early Bird Reception, the Welcome Reception and the Gala Reception, but no admission to the academic sessions.
Methods of payment
Please follow the instructions given on the online registration form regarding payment of the conference fee. All payments must be made in Euros. Payments should be made in advance (before 23 May 2018) and only via one of the two following credit cards: Visa or Mastercard (no debit cards are allowed).
Admission to the meeting is granted only if the Congress Secretariat has received the registration fee.
Refund registration fee and cancellation policy
- In case of cancellation before 9 May 2018, you will have to pay 50% of the conference fee. For cancellations on or after 9 May 2018, there will be no refund. Please note that your EAA membership fee 2019 is not refundable.
- In case you are unable to attend the meeting, a substitute delegate is welcome at no extra charge. However, the original participant should provide a letter of authorization together with a letter of cancellation to the Congress Secretariat before 9 May 2018. This information should include the name of the substitute delegate.
- All cancellations must be made in writing via e-mail to the Congress Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org). Delegates who do not cancel and do not attend, will still be responsible for the full registration fee.
- The organization reserves the right to alter the venue if necessary.
- In the event that the EAA Congress cannot be held or is postponed due to events beyond the control of the Congress Organisers (Force Majeure*) or due to events which are not attributable to wrongful intent or gross negligence of the Congress Organisers, the Congress Organisers cannot be held liable by attendees for any damages, costs, or losses incurred, such as transportation costs, accommodation costs, financial losses, or any other indirect losses or consequential damages.
Under these circumstances, the Congress Organisers reserve the right to either retain the entire registration fee and to use it for a future congress, or to reimburse the attendee after deducting costs already incurred for the organisation of the Congress and which could not be recovered from third parties.
* An event of force majeure shall include, without limitation, Acts of God, war, riot, fire, explosion, accident, flood, earthquake, sabotage, strike of employees other than those of EAA, inability to obtain power, fuel, material or labor or acts of any government.